What projects can be made with old hard drive parts?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dipstk, Mar 2, 2005.

1. dipstk

dipstk Private E-2

Over the years I have accumulated many CD ROM drives and hard drives. Does anyone know of any cool or weird projects that I can do with them, or do you know of any web sites that address this issue. If anyone knows of any sites, or has any information, please email me at dipstk@sbcglobal.net. I really like to tinker with things. I'd like to figure out things I can do or make with the motors, etc. I don't want to throw them away or donate them, I just want to make something or use the motors etc. in them.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

The surface of a haddrive is a perfect mirror,you could take the platters out and and use them to reflect a lazer,make some kind of futuristic lazer centrepiece or reflect it around a room,not much fun though,if you could grind the spindle off they'd make cool coasters!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds