what RAM to get for the Cognac+ MB

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ryuduo, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Ryuduo

Ryuduo Private First Class

Hey guys, i have a emachine T1801 and it has a Cognac+ MB. I have been hearing about it can go up too 512 MB of RAM?? Well, i only got 256 on it and its kinda hard for me to play certian games (even with my 128 video card)...

Can you please tell me what type of RAM i need to get inorder to get it uptoo 512? Like what stick of RAM would i need? (so far i use 2x128mb PC100)

2. glennk721

glennk721 MajorGeek

2x 256 pc 100 Try to buy name brand IE,,kingston,,,or another,,generic is available,,but you get what you pay for, Glenn

3. Ryuduo

Thanks man, but do u know if it has to be that double sided crap thing??

well could ya just give me a link or something to a stick of 256 that i am looking for?

thanks for all you help ~

4. Ryuduo

5. glennk721

glennk721 MajorGeek

This is direct link to the kingston memory for your PC,,,the page you attached,,is generic memory,,and also stated that CHEEP memory wont work sometimes,,,Its your PC,,and its a one time buy,,so if you can afford BRAND would get it,,also Kingston has a lifetime warranty, also just a few bucks more then the memory on the page you sent,,,Glenn

http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/configurator/partsinfo.asp?ktcpartno=KVR100X64C2/256

this is entry page of of Kingston for system search,,,,

http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/configurator/models.asp?root=us

Hope this helps, Glenn

6. Ryuduo

Thanks a lot guys! ^^

Any suggestions on upgrading my processor~?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds