What settings would be needed to set up a network using netbui and tcp

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by IRQIO, Apr 20, 2006.

1. IRQIO

IRQIO Private E-2

I can't get my machines connected most of the time and is stupid how fool they are (sometimes) on my celeron I had to enable filesharing then disabled it in order to access another share I mean why is this needed? can't I just install M$ client and it should be set? on my pentium2 it has exactly all the settings as my celeron (epcept for the disabled filesharing which should not be there because is not intended to share) and still can't connect! so I have to do tricky things in order to make it work?

note: they all can connect at certain times so I don't think is the hardware.

I use a netgear router, all machines are wireless.
    I have netbeui on all of them so it preccess tcp in using filesharing unless is not doing that.

So what would be the basic requirements to have filesharing using netbeui and bound to the same nic TCP for the internet. Also does WINS have something to do with it under tcp properties is there a difference in setting the server and the clients. someone with knowledge help me.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds