What specifc DDR works in Asus P4P800-MX?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CCBrowne, Jan 30, 2006.

1. CCBrowne

CCBrowne Private E-2

Greetings,
    I have a customer who needs 4GB of RAM in his Asus P4P800-MX in order to use Autocad for his business. I installed two 1 GB sticks that worked fine, then bought another 2 1GB pc2100 that didn't even boot, then another two with Samsung chips running PC3200 and they also didn't work. I have not had much luck finding a list of tested to work sticks for this motherboard. I do possess one 1GB stick with Samsung 450 K4H510838B-TCC4 chips on it that works fine but can't seem to find another stick just like this in order to maintain dual channel memory. Does anyone have ideas where or how I might find a 1GB stick with Samsung 450 K4H510838B-TCC4 chips?
    Or a pair of 1GB sticks that would work?

Thanks

Craig

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

What is the frequency of the installed sticks? To run in dual-channel mode, the sticks have to be the same size and frequency.
    Your motherboard is your best resource on the subject; it will tell you exactly which sizes and speeds you can use.

Also, when inserting the sticks, of course be sure to insert them so the lock snap into place on their own. Clearing CMOS also helps when the machine refuses to boot.

I'm not certain about having two dual-channels, but I do know sticks in slot 1&3 must be identical, as well as in slot 2&4. To be safe, I would review the mobo's manual to make sure it was possible, then I would get 4 1GB sticks of all the same size and density, insert them as described above, clear CMOS, and attempt to boot.

3. CCBrowne

CCBrowne Private E-2

Thanks for the quick response. The 2 sticks that are working are 400MHz. And the two identical to each other Samsung sticks are also PC3200 (400MHz) but do not work either in slots 1&3, 2&4 alone or in combination with the 2 sticks that do work. Have cleared CMOS and have also reduced the RAM frequencey in BIOS to see if they would work at a lower freq.. still no go. It's interesting, because I am currently using these same two 1GB sticks in this system wihich is an Asus A8V Deluxe with an AMD 64 X2 Dual core and they are working OK at 400MHz??

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

These are the sticks that work in the OTHER system, or the saamsung sticks that DON'T?

Heh, talking about so many different sticks is getting confuzzling...

5. CCBrowne

CCBrowne Private E-2

Sorry for the confusion..
    I have 4 sticks. Each one is 1GB, running at 400MHz (supposedly).
    The first pair are one type and work fine. The second pair have the same specs but are a different type and don't work at all in the Asus motherboard. I figure that the Intel 865GV & Intel ICH5 chipset in this P4P800 motherboard is simply more particular than the VIA K8T800Pro & VIA VT8237 chipset that I am using now to write this to you. I am looking for some info that will help me buy another pair of 1GB RAM that will work. I have already purchased 2 pairs (4) that have not worked. I also currently have one 1GB stick of 400MHz ram that I could use IF I could find a match for it in order to make another pair. This single stick I have is PC3200 (400MHz) 64*8 and has the following ram chips soldered to the PCB:

SAMSUNG 450
    K4H510838B-TCC4

If anyone happens to have a 1 GB stick with these chips I would be interested in trading and/or buying. Thanks.
    Craig

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds