What the hell is the indexing service doing?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Aimee Wilbury, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Aimee Wilbury

Aimee Wilbury Staff Sergeant

My hard drive was making steady grinding noises, so I checked the Resource Monitor. It shows the Vista Indexing Service active, but the "Write B/Min" keeps increasing, and currently it's at 38,000,000 (or something like that). It was increasing until I started another program and now it's decreasing.

I'm WTF???

Any idea??

2. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

3. Aimee Wilbury

I ran a checkdisk recently, had one bad sector that couldn't be repaired. Can't do the scannow as it seems to be only XP.

4. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

5. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

6. Aimee Wilbury

Thanks, but Vista's working properly -- but the indexing service is going crazy.

7. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Have Nero installed?

8. Aimee Wilbury

Yeah, I have Nero.

The indexing service is behaving now. I've got no idea.

9. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Make sure that Nero is updated. Check that you run the latest version. Nero can do this...

10. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

And so can malware by the way...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds