What type of processor do I have???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bee, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Bee

Bee Private E-2

I bought an old P4 from a friend and it would not work in a new M\B that I purchaced so I had to buy a newer P4 for the M\B. The guy at the M\B factory told me that it did not work because the processor is first generation. And I would need another old M\B that would support the voltage of this CPU. Where would I find a M\B that would work with this CPU? and what would I ask the person selling one to ensure that it will support this CPU???
    Also what is the name of the CPU (Wellington perhaps) I can't remeber. I want to use this to upgrade my little girls computer.

Thanks for the help,

B

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

on the metal heat spreader of the CPU... what information does it give?

you should see something like this...

Intel Pentium 4
    1.7mhz/256/400/1.7v
    SL4SG COSTA RICA
    3039A662-0437
    i(m)©'00

4039A633

the name of the version could well be Willamette and not Wellington ( dont remember a spec of that name )

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds