Whats a Good, Free Graphic Edit Program?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Blaine, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Blaine

Blaine Private E-2

Hi all,

I work as a newspaper advertising rep, and would like to be able to create sample ads to take some workload off the design dept. (only one guy, we're a local paper thats expanding rapidly). Is there a decent program out there that I could learn fairly simply? Basicly needs to be able to edit, cut/paste portions of pictures, and design basic graphic/text combination ads. I hope that explains it. Thanks for the help.

Blaine

2. animatress

animatress Corporal

I would recommend Photoshop, but if you want something really cheap and pretty easy try MGI Photosuite

3. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

4. animatress

animatress Corporal

I really haven't found any free decent art programs. The ones that come with most computers are usually awful. I would invest a little in a store bought program but not a photo program they tend to be anti graphic design.

5. Blaine

Blaine Private E-2

Thanks you guys, that gives me a bit to run with. I used to have MGI Photo Suite, it came with a printer I bought or something but I dont know what happend to the disk. I was hoping to find a free one, will try GIMP. If Anyone has any other ideas besides buying one, please let me know 8 )

Thanks again,

Blaine

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds