Whats a good Voice Activation program?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mistic, May 26, 2004.

1. Mistic

Mistic Private E-2

Im looking for a program that you could use to program voice commands to window's apps. You know like saying, "open outlook express" and it will open it. You guys know of any good programs out there that will do this?

2. Shataan

Shataan Private First Class

I am sure MS GameVoice will do this. There is a free shareversion that you can try.

www.gamevoice.com I think.

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Good idea Shataan, to try out the free one first. Years ago I purchased Speech Recognition Classic Edition from Dragon Dictate. It did not recognize the simplest command I said. maybe it was my speech, maybe the microphone, but I never used it again. Hint get the best most expensive microphone that someone here will probably recommend to you. Bazza

PS: I guess I should give it another try. Query Do I need more aggaravation. Answer Dunno.
    Technology, programming, OS's and computer specs have improved greatly over the past few years so the situation maybe radically different with Pentium 4,s, XP,1 gig Ram, etc. Bazza

===

4. Shataan

Shataan Private First Class

Well, I have had the full release for years now. And the voice activation rocks for me. In Mechwarrior 3 and 4 that`s how I controlled all my Lancemates. In FP it is how I used to command my squad. Not sure if the trial version allows the voice command part. Sure hope so , so Mystic can try it.

Another one I used to use was GameCommander:

http://www.gamecommander.com/ I know they have a limited trial version. Try both and see which works bets for your needs.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds