1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's everyone playing?

Discussion in 'Software' started by lego126, Jun 4, 2010.

1. lego126

lego126 DJ's Geeky Dad

just wondering what everyone is playing? wether it on PC PS3 360 or Atari for that matter. :p
    I just finished Heavy Rain on PS3, it was .... ok... only took me 8-10 hrs. Actuallly it wasn't very good, great graphics though and good story.
    Splinter cell conviction on PC, it wasn't much bigger than the above mentioned, 8-12 hrs. Good game, great controls, just not long enough.
    Uncharted 2 on PS3. Now this is one I loved!! :major It was more like 18- 22hrs of game play. The controls were great the story was great, great graphics, just the right amount of FPS, RP. Truly remarkable.
    I am playing Dante's Inferno on PS3 right now, Actually just beat it a few hrs. ago, going thru it again, change up my character abilities a lil'. It is good game just not really long enough.
    The above mentioned was done in the last 2-3 weeks.
    Before that I was playing Dragon age awakening,(PC) pretty good though not as good as origins, not as long.
    Anyone have any suggestions about newer games that are a must to play?
  2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

If you want something really long why not try Read Dead Redemption? I have not played it personally but I have heard great things about it.
  3. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

If you like long games, how about Fallout 3 or Oblivion? Both of them have thousands of mods available on PC.
  4. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Get MW2, endless multiplayer fun!

YEYYYYYY!!! :-D
  5. lego126

lego126 DJ's Geeky Dad

Redemption is a good idea, I'll def. have to check that out. Fallout 3, already mashed it for a few months, as well as oblivion, all 4 from morrowind. MW2 already went thru it numerous times. unlocked almost all achievments.
    Redemption, and just cause 2 are my next investments. I really like long games, IE. Oblivion, Fallout3, Neverwinter nights 2.
  6. abz1nthe

abz1nthe Sergeant Major

I'm playing Quake Live and Left 4 Dead 2
  7. theefool

theefool Geekified

The Whitcher. I'm currently on chapter 3.
  8. lego126

lego126 DJ's Geeky Dad

the witcher was a great game! I loved the story line, the unrated version was better, than what we got here in the US. but it was def. worth playing.
  9. theefool

theefool Geekified

I am playing the unrated US version. Formally named: Enhanced Edition Directors Cut. Essentially identical to the original polish one, but in English. Got it from impluse.com
  10. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

Been playing Eve online and Global Agenda
  11. theefool

theefool Geekified

I was playing Age of Conan (AOC), after I got tired of WoW. But, Mimsy kept bragging about the witcher. So, AOC is my other game I'm playing, besides Just Cause 2.
  12. abz1nthe

abz1nthe Sergeant Major

How's AOC now adays? I played at release for awhile on Doomsayer server until right after they started merging servers and funkin everything up.
  13. theefool

theefool Geekified

Not bad. I jumped onto AOC when their 1st expansion came out. Though, I haven't played in awhile. Still trying to finish the witcher, and I'm on chapter 4 now.
  14. Mimsy

When the sequel comes out I'm buying it from Amazon UK, for just that reason. ;)
  15. loveyou214

loveyou214 Private E-2

Final Fantacy
    And find girls to...
  16. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

For the last week or so I've been playing Just Cause 2, the game is awesome, GTA type game but with a much prettier world and the grappling hook/parachute combo really opens up the game, lots of fun.
    My boy just picked up Risen but I've yet to try it.
  17. magical2099

magical2099 Private First Class

just finished fallout 3, am now playing Dead Space and a classic: KOTOR II with the cut content mod :-D
  18. Mimsy

I started playing it, and got completely and totally stuck due to a glitch that trapped me in a region and wouldn't let me leave. If you don't have that problem, would you mind letting me know what mods you're running and other things? I don't mind if I have to reinstall the game and start over, I just want to be able to leave the polar region!
  19. itmortiz

itmortiz Corporal

Brood War forever!:drool
  20. magical2099

magical2099 Private First Class

only mods i'm running are the cut content and it's patch. matter of fact, i just left the polar region and am on the ebon hawk finishing some dialog lol