What's The Best Program To Use In Order To Make An "ISO" Image Of A Disc?

Discussion in 'Software' started by superstar, Nov 28, 2006.

1. superstar

superstar Major-Superstar

What's The Best Program To Use In Order To Make An "ISO" Image Of A Disc?

I need to make an iso image of a disc and must know which one I should use... The disc I will be making an image of has a lot of data on it, but I suppose it doesn't matter. I suppose when you make an image it doesn't matter what the disc has on it because your just making an image. & no it's not a dvd... it's a regular cd.

Thank You

P.s.
    In the end I want to be able to burn the disc using Nero... But I want the image to be as small and compact as possible. I dunno if that is possible but if so let me know if I should make iso, bin, cue, etc.... (Just let me know what kind of image is better to make but still give me the name of a program that is best for ISO and not any other)

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

I really like Alcohol for this job! Not only can it image and burn discs, but it can make virtual drives that you can mount images to and use as if it were a real CD.

3. superstar

I know of alcohol. I've used it before to burn images but not to make one. But that was a very long time ago. Is the version you've placed there free? Or is it the trial?

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

It's the free version!

5. superstar

Why and how come major geeks has a free version when the alcohol soft website says this about the same version:

"Alcohol 52% - Emulate CDs & DVDs - Free Version and 30 day trial Versions"

http://trial.alcohol-soft.com/en/

Hmm oh I see I guess they have a free edition and a trial edition... I guess the free edition brings that toolbar... Can that toolbar be uninstalled?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2006

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds