whats wrong with antivirus???

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jazagod, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazagod

Jazagod Command Sergeant Major

i see all this jargon about NORTON, Or MCafee(even worse)

they really bite....so bad, legally you have to pay.. Geeze did i mention Avast 4 isTHE best anti Virus out there. 1.5 years safe here......Too bad its FREE, yip FREE. so stop using stupid stuff like COH COHsn OrtoNNNN, and MYcafee.....both are the biggest targets out there for viruses\...thats right!!made especially for those two av's so they can turn around and charge you to kill it....
    sorry captain SUV, i guess you can afford anti viruseslike norton......after all, if that dont work, turn in the locust(lexus) and walk with Mcafee

GET it now!!!!
    avast4
    got it??

p.s. i am not selling or lying, others here will agree on the avast subject
    IT WORKS MINT!!!

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

3. Jazagod

please post if you use avast4 so others know how great it is, and if you dont like it(wich you WILL) goto control panel and delete it....

4. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

Having read over a good share of your posts in the tech forums please take note..I will lump all this together rather than addressing this in multiple posts/threads:

- We prefer that topics in the tech forums stay on topic..re: helping address the thread starter resolve an issue. If you are unable to assist the thread starter in one of the tech forums there is no need to respond however if you can actually help your replies are greatly appreciated.

- Tools such as McAfee Stinger or various virus removal tools released by companies like Symantec are excellent tools used in removing various viruses/trojans that are not picked up or removable by your basic virus software like Avast, AVG etc. These are invaluable 'tools', NOT the full AV software install so don't confuse users by telling them to get rid of Symantec when our top notch spyware experts are recommending they get one of these 'tools' to remove something..this is misleading, confuses the individual needing help and not helpful at all.

- While I agree Norton as a whole is not as good as it used to be, same goes for McAfee you will rarely, if ever, find established members (Geeks) recommending either one of these full programs.

5. Jazagod

have you tried it?:)

6. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

That's not the issue....the issue is you making many unnecessary, misleading posts and/or posts in the tech forum that have nothing to do with nor are helpful to the thread starter.

And lets not forget you starting an identical thread after your first one is removed....if your thread is removed there is a good reason for it...don't start it all over again.

On that note...Thread Closed. :)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  7. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

I have tried it.

Problem here is so many, I dont know where to begin. You type like a child or a raving lunatic. Your knocking good antivirus programs, sorry dude, Mcaffee and Nortons we do not suggest for power users, but to say they suck is just flat out wrong. They have their issues, but do their job well.

I used Avast for a while, recently went back to avg.

I suggest you read the forums before posting this sort of thing and try a better approach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds