When quick launch icons spill over onto taskbar, how do you get them off it?

Discussion in 'Software' started by conceptualclarity, Jun 18, 2013.

1. I mean without having to reboot. Of course I don't want to delete the icons from my quick launch.

I don't know why this happens from time to time. I have a lot of quick launch icons, so they take up an unacceptable amount of space on the taskbar when they get loose like farm animals with a broken down fence.

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

I believe you run XP? If so, first unlock the task bar and you will see a fine dotted vertical divider between the quick launch and the rest of the taskbar - just drag the divider to the right.

3. Thanks. That worked great.

4. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Also you can drag the taskbar up and make it double height & more real estate.

5. Yes, I do that. Last time it slipped back into a single stack I had a devilish time restoring the double stack although I had learned about the need to drag it upward.

6. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

You can put any program in the Start button list.
    From there you can launch the program with two mouse clicks or use the keyboard.

Use the mouse to drag the shortcut from the Desktop to the Start button, or open Explorer, navigate to the program file and
    drag it to the Start button.

Once it is in the list, you can move it up or down in the list by draging it with the mouse.
    You can also right click to rename it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds