When trying to download a .zip or .rar ie dont ask me where to save it

Discussion in 'Software' started by chompas, Feb 19, 2005.

1. chompas

chompas Private E-2

Thats the problem when I click on a rar o zip file to download in avant browser (its the same if I use ie) instead of asking me where to save it i start downloading it automatically and then open the file, i though i was will all files but its just with that (at least i didnt happen with files with other extensions I downloaded). I really cant find an option to fix that.
    Regards

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

Open "my computer" click tools, folder options. Go to the "file types" tab and scroll down to rar. Then at the bottom press the advanced button. Then check the "confirm open after download" box.

This is considering you use windows XP. If you use a diffrent windows OS it should be basicly the same, although might be worded a little diffrent.

3. chompas

chompas Private E-2

Yes i have Win XP but i have that option checked, also the problem is that dont ask me where to download and then downloads to a temp folder and open it automatically :confused:

4. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

That option is suppost to bring up the screen which offers the choice of saving, opening or cancelling. That's really weird. Maybe Avant edits something extra I'm not aware of, but that should have done it.

You could try unchecking it, and trying and then rechecking it, to see if that resets things back to normal.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds