When will the almight DX10 comeout? -r600 delayed yet again-

Discussion in 'Software' started by volumeone0686, Feb 22, 2007.

1. volumeone0686

volumeone0686 Corporal

I just read the R600 was delayed for the second quarter of this year and this is pissing me off. I consider DOOM3,Fear well of course, and half life 2 the true next gen games. I mean they were set way apart from others that it has to be next gen. It was awesome to be next gen before the console users like playing bf2 and css and dods. Watching the physics and eye candy graphics!

Some of you will say doom3,half life2 looked great but not next gen! But I beg the differ! When I was playing doom3 PPl would walk by and say are u watching a movie? Now this might not look great as dx10 while I understand this where's are next gen? ATI or AMD who ever you wanna call the company now just delayed their cards.

It seems like the developers are lagging to give us are next gen for us now! Crysis wont come out till sept, Only 3 games will be in dx10 and 2 of em I dont even care for. Ill name the games... Company Of Heroes, Supreme Commander and Flight Sim X. The patches come out in March :). The ps3,wii and 360 are out now and now im getting annoyed the pc isnt here yet. Yes, we are getting some of their games but the pc hasnt seen their next gen updates.

I just hope this isnt gonna like 6 more months of this crap, I dunno I really wanna start gaming on new gameplays and new visuals. Whos with me?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

DX10 is out in the Nvidia 8800 series and in Vista, yes its a pain that the R600 was and still is delayed as I would have gone for an ATi card over Nvidia as I thing Ati have the edge in stable drivers these days... this coing from an Nvidia fan!

as for games, yes they always seem slow to be released from the inital concept news to actual game released, guess in many cases they hold them back for both touching up and waiting for right time for market release, similar to movies.

However their are more and better games due than just those, heres a few others I'm looking at as well as the ones you posted.

Shadowrun ( is one I'm waiting for )
    Alan Wake
    Unreal Tournament 3

3. volumeone0686

volumeone0686 Corporal

Aww halo u made me sound like a newb... I have a 8800gtx! I was just was bitching because it seems like directx10 will never come out for the games. Now with ATI being pushed this is gonna be more of a lag for games to come out or something. I have all 3 games that will have the dx10 update that comes out in a few and the 1 I cant wait to see is flight simulator X.

Direct x10 looks so real I thought the pic I saw was comparing RL to Directx10 haha. I looked at the pic of the dx10 and dx9 and thought dx9 was dx10. Even tho there's nothing wrong dx9 graphics, it has it 's limits now and its getting boring. I was a pro bf2 gamer and now I cant stand playing it anymore and gaming is dieing inside for me. Im hoping the new games from dx10 will save me and this is why im complaining.

Its kinda like when i had the dreamcast while I was playing it of course it crushed madden on ps1. But then I saw madden 2002 and of course wanted that so my nfl1 looked outdated and i noticed the retarded hits I once thought was kool.

I'm basically hoping dx10 will come out with awesome multiplayer games.. so far crysis looks like a keeper and UT3. If battlefield comes out with 3 ill get that too hope it wont be a drag like bf2. No, im not a hater its just that was the only game i cared to play online. Its just im hoping dx10 will have bigger man servers so if i wanna fly a jet u can have 4 a team instead of 4 ppl fighting over 1 jet and blow eachother over it.

So far I have a crapload of games I have my eye on, yeah older games are good but not many to keep me busy.

Far cry,doom3/ROE,half life2,bf2,css,dods, some others but those are only some of the games I actually beat... cod,cod2

These are what I'm looking forware to!

medal of honor:airborne
    alone in the dark
    jade empire:special edition
    Retribution
    Teenage Muntant ninja turtles the movies
    gears of war
    War Front: Turning Point
    Castle Wolfenstein
    heaven vs hell
    quake wars
    test drive unlimited
    war dogs
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
    crysis
    halo 2
    The Sims 2: Seasons
    Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2
    Alone in the Dark: Near Death Investigation
    Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway
    Unreal Tournament 2007
    Frontlines: Fuel of War
    Fall of Liberty
    mass effect
    assassin creed
    Call of Duty 3
    Call of Duty 4
    Tomb Raider 8
    Half-Life 2: Episode Two
    Indiana Jones 2007
    Half-Life 3
    Dark Sector
    The Wall
    Eye of the Storm
    Project Offset
    The Settlers VI
    Crossfire
    Rogue Warrior
    Possession
    resident evil 4 (already have it, loved it)
    bioshock
    timeshift
    universe of starcraft
    Prey 2
    Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
    Star wars battlefront 3
    The new game coming ID software that they wont speak of till its months before release.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds