Where are some good locations to put picture files?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ItsWendy, Jul 26, 2006.

1. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

We've all needed them at one time or another, a basic URL to put a file so you can link to it from a forum such as this, or display mechandise on eBay, or whatever. I use another forum that has it built in, and I use it regurally on that forum for use on that forum, but there are still the occasional uses that need somewhere I can claim as my own (even if temporarily).

Any recomendations?

BTW, for any newbies reading this .bmp files are the worst of the worst. They tend to be several megs of data, whereas the same picture in .jpg or .gif formats are typically several K (a thousand times smaller). Most good picture editors (such as the omnipresent Paint) will translate these files quite nicely.

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

3. MKorostoff

MKorostoff Private First Class

4. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

Thanks guys :)

5. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

6. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Right click ...copy ....open Paint ....paste ...save as (jpeg or tiff):)

7. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

OK, I think you were answering the question I was about to ask. I did it the same way I do it on the other forum I'm big in, robotrebellion.net , but I just noticed that paper clip icon above, so I'm going to try it out. Here goes...

100_3588.jpg

Can't tell yet, but it looks like it works. OK, one more thing in my toolbox.

I'll save the pretty girls for the lounge.

Edit notes: Arg... Too big! I can't edit this after the 10 minutes, and I know it will take longer than that. How do you set a reasonable size?

OK, did it under 10 minutes. Thanks for the assist.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2006

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds