Where Can I Download GWHotkey.exe? I Accidentally Deleted It

Discussion in 'Software' started by BTbass, Nov 2, 2004.

1. BTbass

BTbass Private E-2

Thought it was spyware, but now my cd player won't start on my PC because it says gwhotkey.exe is required to do so. I don't have a boot disk either. Anyone know where I can get it? Thanks in advance!

2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Btbass, GwHotkey.exe is spyware. Check out google

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=&num=20&hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=gwhotkey.exe&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=lang_en&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&safe=images

Go to the MG spyware forum and read the tutorials.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Read all the "sticky" 's first. Bazza

===

3. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Bazza,

Also found this on GWHotkey.exe if it's a Gateway, might be legit.

(BillP Studios) GWHotkey is the Control Panel application for Gateway’s Multi-function Keyboards which are standard equipment on most Gateway multimedia PCs. It controls all the extra customisable keys at the top of the keyboard and enables you to configure them for one-key access to various functions such as e-mail, Internet access, CD Playing, DVD playing, volume control.

Steve

4. bigbazza

Thanks Matacumbie. And I even own a Gateway laptop. (duh) and it is on my machine. Bazza

===

5. bigbazza

If your PC is a Gateway, go to Gateway's home site and download it. If you still can't get it, I can supply a W98SE copy. Other Gateway owners may be able to supply a copy for other Operating systems. Hope I didn't give you a bum steer. Thanks Steve for alerting me to the Gateway connection. Bazza

===

6. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Look's like you can configure around it anyway.

Recommendation :
    Properly configured multi-function keyboards backed up by good quality configuration software can significantly increase productivity for users who often switch between applications, or they can significantly ease the learning curve for very young children or older first-time computer users. The decision is yours, therefore, as to whether you wish to retain GWHOTKEY. Note that, as with many multifunction keyboard software, there can sometimes be conflicts between GWHOTKEY and specific applications. If you encounter such a conflict, disable GWHOTKEY in The Ultimate Troubleshooter, or de-install the GWHOTKEY software through "Add/Remove Programs".

Steve

7. bigbazza

Steve, FWIW. Not available on W98SE "add/Remove programs", or my uninstaller. Bazza

8. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

BtBass, if it's a GateWay multimedia keyboard, then on the back of your keyboard you will find a serial number (S/N *) and/or a part number (P/N *).

Enter either number HERE and you should find it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds