Where do i post a Broadband connection Question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Chala, May 7, 2008.

1. Chala

Chala Corporal

Where do i post a Broadband connection Question, with respect connection speed, where is the best site to test my speed, and how true are the number's for upstream and downstreams that companys tout?

2. krit86lr

krit86lr Corporal

3. Chala

Chala Corporal

Yes thanks Krit86lr, I heard of that i understand that site is really popular. But am i in the right area i would like to know to be asking about this subject?

4. gimpster123

gimpster123 Bring out the Gimp.

5. Chala

Chala Corporal

Great thanks Gimpster, ok then let me ask this...my ISP claims that they can send me 512kps upstream. How much are they sending actually when all is said and done? I know it depends on the time of day and network usage and all of that, but i read something where these isp can barely crack 300kps, whats really the truth?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds