Where have my downloaded files gone?

Discussion in 'Software' started by peteyd, Nov 15, 2007.

1. peteyd

peteyd Private E-2

I downloaded some torrents using Bit lord, after the downloads had finished I couldn't find them, theres no download directory in the bitlord folder but everytime I do a manual hash check it'll come up with 100% but still won't find the file if I try and open it through bitlord.

Any ideas on where the files could be?

rolleyes

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

No, I don't know where your files are, but have you tried searching for them?

3. peteyd

peteyd Private E-2

Okay, I should have probably mentioned that i'm not a complete moron, and yes i have tried searching for them, with no successful results before you ask...

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

If you've searched, and you are including hidden files and directories in your search (and searching all storage drives), then you don't have the file on your computer. (or your HD is corrupted, but we'll try the simple things before getting to that)

Could it be saving to a temp file directory, and getting deleted accidentally?

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I've never used Bitlord, doesn't it have a config file where you can specify where dl's should go? If not, lose it. As to finding what you have, search by dl date and as Mada said, unhide your hidden folders.

6. Jamiko

Jamiko Sergeant

When you first click on the file to download, it should ask you where to save it. The finished download will go to the same location. It might be in "My Documents" (assuming Windows here). Also, if your browser has a default download location, check there. It may even have dumped them onto your desktop.

If you have Vista, check here:

C:\Users\USRNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\BitLord\Downloads

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds