Where is Chrome hiding?

Discussion in 'Software' started by hrlow2, May 9, 2011.

1. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

HP Pavilion
    Vista Home Premium

Google Chrome is installed on this machine.
    Was working fine until now.
    Go to a website and it doesn't show the entire page. Can't even scroll down to see any more of it.
    Wanting to uninstall and get rid of it, but can't find it.
    Doesn't show in Add/Remove.
    Isn't in either of the Programs folders.
    Haven't been able to find it anywhere.

2. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

Sounds like a portable app. I tinker with them on occaision, have 60 + installed at the moment. Sometimes install them on the main partition, but on usb at present. Right click the shortcut and choose properties I guess. Should give the lowdown on where the executable is. From past experience believe you probably have it figured by now. Tried Chrome once maybe a year ago, didn't suit me at that time...have the portable installed on usb but set up Firefox portable only so far.

3. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

It was portable from a USB that was kept plugged in.
    Removed the device for use in another machine.Chrome was gone when reinserted into this machine.

4. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Well, of course, you don't see it there because it's a portable version running off a flash drive.

What Program folders? Any Programs folders on your hard drive would not contain program files for a portable app.

If Chrome did not get deleted from your flash drive, you should be able to find it there. But, if not, just reinstall it on the flash drive.

Or, if you can use the regular version of Chrome, why not install it in Windows?

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds