where should I post this question?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by helmuthwilliam, Feb 19, 2007.

1. helmuthwilliam

helmuthwilliam Private E-2

Where should I post this question? "How do I change my router's default password"? or "How do I change my default router's password"? I have broadband by comast and a motorola modem (router)

2. Sailor

Sailor First Sergeant

Welcome to Majorgeeks.
    I think your question can be answered at the Networking forum.
    Good luck :)

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Moved to Networking :)

Either on the bottom of the router or in its manual it will give you the IP address to type in to access the routers settings ( if I remember Motorolas access is 196.168.10.1 to the Web Interface with the User as Admin and Password as Motorola ), in which you can change the password.

But you'd need to give us the exact modem name and version to be accurate as to what the route to accessing the Modems Settings are?

4. helmuthwilliam

Modem name:SURFboard model sb5101 (no IP address on bottom of modem) I do not have a manual.

5. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

6. helmuthwilliam

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds