where to find Ctmp3.acm file in pc running Windows 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by Branson, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Branson

Branson Private E-2

Where to find Ctmp3.acm file in my pc, windows 7 specifically. I have installed, windows media player and itunes and I utilize both of them. Now, my problem is the DISTORTION and SKIPPING i'm constantly experiencing. Sounds like a scratched LP.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What version is your Windows 7, 32bit or 64bit?

Can you give us some hardware details, could attach the log from the below instructions (do follow as written) of you dont know this info offhand as we will likely need the compatible driver for your hardware.

Or if your PC is a OEM made one from the likes of HP, DELL etc then post the Make and Model?

Try this and if you have ctmp3.acm on your PC (search using the Win7 Search function for this file) then rename it to ctmp3.bak and reboot and try your sound again.

Is your install of Windows 7 a new clean install or an upgrade over a previous Windows version? if so what version and did you run the Upgrade Advisor for Windows 7 HERE to see if your PC was compatible with Win7?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds