Where to find Recovery Disk Option?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Oooops!, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Hi! My laptop (Windows 7 - 64 bit) didn't come with any discs. I found a "Repair Disk" option, so I created one of those. But I was actually looking for the option of how to create a disk to set it back to "factory settings", if need be.

I forget the name of it, but I think that's called a "Recovery Disk"??? The computer prompted me to create one the other day, but I didn't have the time to do it and it asked me to it at a later time. It hasn't appeared again yet... where can I find this option to make one when I have the time?
    Thanks.
    :)

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

You need to check your program list. There should be something that refers to making a recovery disc.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

5. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

I'm missing the last one...
    "Click Start , All Programs , Recovery Manager , and then click Recovery Disc Creation"

(I forgot to mention the laptop is an HP Compaq Presario CQ56 - 109WM Notebook PC. There wasn't enough room in the siggy line to include it).

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  6. JonBoyFishhead

JonBoyFishhead Private First Class

click the windows orb in the lower left corner and type in "backup" the backup and restore program should populate above where you are typing. Click on it and it shoud open up a window and you should see the option to "create recovery disc".

7. JonBoyFishhead

JonBoyFishhead Private First Class

the create a system repair disc option will be on the left side of the screen. It will be located under "Control Panel Home"

8. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds