Where's ie 6's content folder?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Meekiecheese, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Meekiecheese

Meekiecheese Private First Class

Hi All! :)

I have a Windows XP Pro - 3Pack OS. Previously, I had ME and I could easily and simply go into the Windows folder and get to the IE Temp Internet files and see the initial listing of files and then go deeper to the Content folder which was usually 4 folders with an Alpha/Numeric combo of 8 digits, a desktop.ini file and index.dat. file. On XP (I only use Administrator, no other users), I go into My Computer, C:, Docs&Set, Admin, Local Set, Temp Int. I need the Content.IE to show up with the OTHER Temporary Internet files.

Now, I did some homework/searching before posting this and discovered the OTHER set of folders via Default User, etc. When I get to the Content.IE5 folder, the dates are from around the time I got the computer a year ago. The .dat file uses the current date or recent date.

Please step me thru configuring the Temp Int files so that I get current Content.IE5 files. Thank you and I hope that made sense (dealing with a death in the family, actually 2 deaths and I'm tired and :cry:). Thanks, I appreciate any and all help. Have a good night!

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Sorry for your loss. :( My thoughts are with you and your family. :)

It is apparently a super-hidden folder and you can't see it. And it is still called IE5 it has never changed name even in IE8. You can get to it though.

Try copying and pasting this in the address bar of an Explorer window. %userprofile%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5

Or browse to Temporary Internet Files and then append \Content.IE5 onto the path shown in the address bar and hit enter.

3. Meekiecheese

Meekiecheese Private First Class

sach2 - I LOVE YOU!!! :) That is EXACTLY what I need! Thank you so much and I appreciate your condolences, it's been rough, but we are all getting through it. Thanks again, God richly bless you and have a WONDERFUL Holiday Season! :)

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

You're welcome! I forgot to say you will get a security just press yes to go in anyway.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds