wheres the drive?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bobothebionicmonkey, Mar 6, 2007.

1. bobothebionicmonkey

bobothebionicmonkey Private First Class

Ok My brand new computer started up having five drives listed in the devices with removable storage section of "my computer" after a few days of use I now find only three drives in this section.
    floppy A:
    DVD/CD-RW drive D:
    and DVD RAM drive E:

the other two i don't remember what they were called but i remember one was drive F:

I have a mini card and floppy reader that takes floppys in one slot, CF and MD cards in another slot, and MS, SD/mmc and SM cards a third. so I figured that the three non disk drives were for each of the three slots. but now two of the three non-disk drives are gone.
    what happened?
    where did they go?
    and how can i get them back?

2. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Usually a removeable drive will disappear from the list when you have rebooted having previously taken out the drive. Just re-insert the removeable drive and it will re-appear as the next available drive letter (F: for instance)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds