Which cables to use.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by comperroruter, Feb 10, 2010.

1. comperroruter

comperroruter Darth Meatloaf

I am running a Dell XPS with the following:

Vista Home Premium
    Intel Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.40GHz
    OPP 150 Motherboard
    Dual NVIDIA 9800 GT Graphics Cards
    4GB of RAM
    Generic 19" PnP Monitor
    Everything else is pretty much standard issue.

I also have a SHARP TV Model Number: 32C241

I am trying to figure out how to set up my computer to show up on the television like it does on the monitor so that I can watch online movies and show on the television. Seeing as I do not have a plasma or LCD it is not as easy as attaching an HDMI to the computer and then connecting it to the television. I have found several theories on how to make this work but I am getting more confused the more I look for answers. There is an ethernet port on the back of the Comcast cable box but I do not have an extra port on the computer or modem to connect them.

I am curious as to how I can go about this process as cheaply and effectively as possible. If there is something as simple as a VGA or HDMI cable that comes with the three lined ends like you find on gaming systems then that might be the answer. I am assuming there will be set-up processes I will have to follow. Any help is appreciated as I am at my wits end....unfortunately buying a newer TV is not an option at this time, which would really simplify the process..lol.

Shawn:cry

2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds