Which CPU? Pentium 4 650 (3.4GHZ) 0r Pentium D820 (2.8GZH)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by talk2megoose, Mar 19, 2006.

1. talk2megoose

talk2megoose Private E-2

I'm looking to buy a Dell D510. The price is right and I can get on CHEAP with a $400 discount code I have. My delima is which CPU to get in it. Should I get the P4 650 3.4GHZ with HT technology or should I get it with what they recomend and is cheaper the Pentium D820 2.8 Dual Core technology. I don't do a whole lot of gaming on a PC since I have an XBOX 360 but if I had the power I may do more. I do some multimedia stuff too. I have read conflicting reports on both CPUs on the internet. The Pentium D of coarse shines with multitasking. I don't know a whole lot at this stage about CPUs. I would appreciate any input on this.

Thanks in advance!

Don

2. splitt3r

splitt3r You are now the victim of a drive by title change

the p4 definately, if you look at this benchmark it is clear that the P4 owns in "almost" anything except for a few benchmarks and of couse the multitasking, I don't think dual core is really being utilized to it's full extent right now. It is also worth noting that AMD has the edge in gaming right now, and they are cheap, just somethign to consider, Hp(or compaq) makes good budget PCs if you want a pc with an AMD.notice the 3200+, one of AMDs cheaper CPUs owned both intel chips ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds