Which games can i run with 1gb nvidia

Discussion in 'Software' started by xunty, Oct 10, 2012.

1. xunty

xunty Private E-2

Hey Guys, below is my System Specs, Tell Me Which Latest & 1-2 Yrs old games i can play in my pc,:p medium settings may be ok, :)if i cant play them in HD,rolleyes and how about gta4, cod, bf & mafia2.:p thanks in advance....:-D

SYSTEM SPECS:-

OS: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
    Memory: 2040MB RAM
    Graphics Card : Nvidia 9500GT (1GB)

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Well HD usually refers to the resolutions 720p and 1080p,if your monitor supports these resolutions then you can play in those resolutions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooPft5nLfwE

Se seems to play fine on high settings so you have wiggle room to turn the settings down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSYf2UFRLsg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nElbfoxTi3g

Your not gonna get much more than about 30 fps with these games on medium to high settings,if your happy with 30fps then you can play them.

3. Rikky

I would,there will be lots of unplayable parts in those games without some serious quality drops, especially mafia 2.

4. xunty

xunty Private E-2

Thanks You very Much Rikky for your answers,:cool i really appreciate for your reply, By the way i do have a LCD Monitor and though it supports 1080i HD, :drool and if i run the mentioned games in 1024 x 768 resolution, then how much FPS would it provide me..:confused i just assume to have a playable experience, and not Extreme HD speed,:wave as i am NOT a Hardcore gamer, so i wouldn't bother if i don't get the HD gaming Experience.. i hope you got it what i mean... ;)

5. Rikky

It will provide you with a lot more fps but lowering resolution effects each game differently and the resolution is THE very last thing I'd lower after everything else has been set to minimum.

If your happy with 10x7 go for it, would suggest you buy the games first then if your not happy upgrade,you won't lose anything.

Here's some more reading material regarding the kind of performance you can expect in various games,as you can see the results are mixed and depend heavily on the game engine,some like crysis or stalker will never be playable or GTA4 for that matter without serious tweaking.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/graphics/display/ati-radeon-hd4650_8.html#sect0

I've nothing else to add really the decision is up to you:)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  6. xunty

xunty Private E-2

ok bro,... but i hope games like driver parallel lines, scarface, sleeping dogs, nfs run... would be perfect for it.... and i think there would be nice games which would be perfectly playable on mah p4, .. anyway thanks for your help.. will contact you later if required....:cool

7. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

I don't see why you couldn't play the games you mention, in my opinion it wont be your graphics that fail you but your CPU. NFS you might be ok with but Scarface or any other open world game will put it under some pressure as Rikky mentioned.

I like his idea of buy the game first and THEN upgrade if needed, but I have a feeling you are going to want to upgrade, I remember Scarface stuttering a bit on my old AMD x2, no idea what kind of frame rate you'll get from a P4.

You could also download "Game Booster" available Here. I use it on my laptop which is about the same power as your CPU, it can make enough difference with some games to allow you to play them at reasonable FPS.
    Personally (and Rikky will cringe at this :-D ) I can play a game happily with frame rates as low as constant 28FPS, below that and I get frustrated, I think Rikky's threshold is about 50FPS :-D

Good luck!

8. Rikky

60 minimum not average:-D I hate it when games drop below vsync threshold of 60fps.

Some games like arma 2 have no choice but it's that good I force myself through it.

9. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Off topic a little but Dude, have you seen the new Arma 3 shots? Holy 12km draw distance!
    I have a feeling Arma 3 is going to be an "Oh crap I have to upgrade my pc" type of game :-D
    Bring it ON!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds