Which Is Better Soundcard?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Opoka, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Opoka

Opoka Private E-2

I was testin out my Sigmatel Audio HD integrated compared to a sound card I had purchased a while back but never used too much which is the Creative SB Audigy 2 suite zs notebook. All the bits and HD are comparable equally but I was wondering if anyone had some more detailed backround info on these two to give me a heads up on perks and downs.

I noticed when I installed the Creative it sort of stuttered. So thats not weighing in its favor at the moment..

Can anyone help me out!??!

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

In theory anything creative made is better, as they have a very good products and are well known for sound cards. But its really just what sounds better to you.

3. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

a separate sound card will take a little load off of the processor but wont really effect performance unless you're seriously gaming. Dedicated cards almost always have much better sound quality as well, plus you get multiple output channels (at least on the desktop version)

4. Opoka

Opoka Private E-2

Creative does have the upper hand in quality ive noticed. And I didnt uninstall the other audio driver so the jobs/programs were being split between the two which made it stutter a tad.

Thanks guys

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds