Which MajorGeeks member should change the lightbulb?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Insomniac, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

:)

You're lucky if you only get things wrong on occassion. For me it's on a daily basis. ;)

(another thread with Halo and beer mentioned! )

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hey my occasions do have peeks and troughs.. guess I'm entering into a peek at present.

Search Halo+Beer and no doubt you may get a few hits... not that I do actually drink alot, but everytime I'm asked what am I doing... I curiously have a glass or wine, JD or very rarely a beer next to me ( not at this moment tho as its caffiene today.. dont drink when I have to drive the next morning )

3. Insomniac

When I search for Halo+Beer I get = Love. :)

I don't drink that much either, although with the Aussie summer, I have the perfect excuse.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

LMAO.. I just entered Halo+Beer into the forum search and one entry for a thread was Hot Tub Party go figure :)

5. Insomniac

LMAO!!!! :D

(I can't believe that you, and I for that matter, actually did a search)

6. slider

slider Major Wise-***

How many to change a light bulb ?

Just one.

Get stepladder. Pinch finger while opening stepladder. Curse.

Remove glass light cover by unscrewing little knob holding it in place. Drop knob, curse. Tilt glass cover dumping dead bugs and dust into eyes, Curse and sneeze. Get off stepladder. Wash off light bulb cover, cutting finger on edge. Curse. Wash finger and apply band-aid.

Climb back up step ladder, turn bulb in a counter clockwise direction and remove. Drop bulb on floor, breaking bulb. Yell to wife to bring you some shoes, since you are barefoot and can't get off ladder without stepping on glass. Curse. Sweep up broken glass. Get new lightbulb: shower, dress, get in car and go to store. Buy 2 new light bulbs, a pair of vice grips you need, a 20 oz Coke, a snickers bar, a power drill that is on sale, and some windshield wiper fluid. Return home. Play with vice grips and drill. Eat snickers bar and drink Coke. Refill windshield wiper fluid in your car and wife's car.

Open light bulb package,take out bulb, climb up stepladder, and install. Yell at wife to come hand you glass light bulb cover. Climb down stepladder, get on hands and knees and attempt to find little screw on knob that holds on light bulb cover. Curse, and remove small piece of glass from knee. Apply second band-aid. By dumb luck, remember to flip on light switch before going up ladder again, and finding out to your astonishment, the new bulb lights up. Replace glass light bulb cover after 10 minutes of fiddling with screw on knob that your wife found while you were picking glass out of knee.

Pinch finger folding up stepladder. Curse. Put ladder away.

The following day at work, brag about extensive home improvement project you worked on last evening. Avoid specifics, but mention the new drill and vise grips, implying an involved project. Show band-aids to prove you really did something potentially hazardous.

Job done.

7. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

Cursed bad joke...

8. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

You guys are spEDcial... :p We need to get you out more...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds