Which MB to get, don't understand specs...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PghPittViper, May 5, 2008.

1. PghPittViper

PghPittViper Private E-2

Hi,

I want to get the C2Q Q6700 processor, and am having trouble deciding on a mb. The hd's I'm looking at are SATA, but the specs on the mb on tiger say hard drive type ATA/133. The mb has sata connectors. I am a bit confused here. Does that mb spec mean I cannot get a sata hd?

Thanks,

Viper

2. kestrel1

kestrel1 Private E-2

Give us a link to the mobo that you are thinking of.

3. PghPittViper

PghPittViper Private E-2

4. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

Click on the Detailed Specs tab on Tiger and also look at the photos. You did not say what kind of board you have now, or what case. You may need a beefier Power Supply. :major

5. kestrel1

kestrel1 Private E-2

Yes, you have got 6 SATA connectors, so SATA HDD will work. There is one IDE connector, so you could use an older IDE HDD, but ideally just use it for up to two CD/DVD drives.
    There should be connections for the front panel, but what do you want to connect? USB? If so I expect there will be a USB header. Must admit I didn't look that far.
    Looks like a nice MB, but as mentioned, check your PSU's wattage. You may need to get something better.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds