While typing the letters on the screen lag...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by comperroruter, Sep 24, 2010.

1. comperroruter

comperroruter Darth Meatloaf

I have a Toshiba Satellite L675. If you need specs please let me know. I will provide the basics.

500GB HD
    4GB RAM
    n Wireless Card
    Intel HD Graphics
    I3-350M Intel Processor (four listed in Device Manager so I assume it is quad core).

My problem is that when I am typing at my lovely speed of 80 wpm the information will lag on the screen at times. It does remember everything I type as I type during the lag, and it posts it correctly. I am curious if I may have tuned something incorrectly to cause this. I thought maybe spell checker, but I do not recall seeing one on the computer.

Any help with this matter is greatly appreciated.

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, comperroruter.

Sounds like something's eating your resources - I'd suggest running CCleaner, click on Tools, Startup, save that page to a text file, and attach it here.

BTW: what OS and service pack # are you running? And, does the symptom change if you're online/offline?

3. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

I had a client with this same issue. It actually was malware that was fecking things up.

I highly suggest before you wipe your registry with CCCleaner, that you run a scan with malwarebytes to see if you got any malware crap on it.

www.malwarebytes.org

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds