White border below and to the side of background image

Discussion in 'Software' started by lilpenny1316, Mar 31, 2004.

1. lilpenny1316

lilpenny1316 Private E-2

I'm developing a site with a green background image, but my client says he sees a white border at the bottom and right of the browser. I have checked the page of 1024x768 and 800x600 screen size but do not see a white border or anything abnormal. I have even checked on a couple other PC's but still don't see anything. Can someone take a look at this site and let me know what the problem could be? Also, I will list the code in the <HEAD> section in regards to the background image.

www.sr22illinois.com/newsite2/

Code:

<style type="text/css">
    body
    {
    background-image:
    url("bground-sample.gif");
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-attachment:
    fixed
    }
    </style>

2. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

I have tried viewing the page with the following browsers and had no problems with white borders:

IE 5.01 SP4
    Firefox 0.8
    Opera 6.0
    Opera 7.0

Just being curious but what effect are you trying to get with the gif background ? (compared to just making the background of the body-tag light green)

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Hmm, try adding this to the body tag :
    <body margintop=0 marginleft=0 marginright=0 marginbottom=0>

Long shot and generally unsupported these days (CSS should override this..) but it might be he is using a really old version of IE or Netscape or somthing.

Oh yeah and you will want to change the matte of the intro logo to green :) (BTW the gif is semi transparent to give the page a gradient.. :)

4. jawpaul

jawpaul Private E-2

I would change the background color to something other than white. Like whatever the last green is on the background gradient. If I zoom out really far(20%) in Opera I can see the white, at the bottom only.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds