White Outline/Shadow/Blurry Text

Discussion in 'Software' started by SimJunkie, Mar 10, 2013.

1. SimJunkie

SimJunkie Private E-2

Hi everyone. I'm hoping someone can help. I'm running Windows 7 on an HP Pavillion HPE H8-1030 PC. My graphics card is an AMD HD 6670.

Everything worked just fine until I just updated the driver. Now there is a white outline/shadow around all of the text on screen which is making it blurry and difficult to read.

Here are some steps I've tried and it has done nothing to correct the problem:

1. Checked and unchecked morphological filtering
    2. Tried ClearType Filtering
    3. Checked and unchecked "smooth edges of screen fonts" in the advanced performance options

You don't see a problem when you perform a screen capture and view the file on another computer. I don't know if that's a clue.

Does anyone have any ideas. I need to correct this before the work week begins. Thanks

2. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Can you try to roll back the driver? (From Device Manager.)

Or a System Restore to a point before the driver update?

3. SimJunkie

SimJunkie Private E-2

So in frustration and rebooting several times, I just turned off the PC and went to bed. This morning, I turned it on and, viola, it works normally.

When in doubt, kick the case.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds