White screen for youtube videos

Discussion in 'Software' started by seair, Mar 8, 2011.

1. seair

seair Private E-2

Hi all, again.:)
    White screen only where the video should be.(not full screen) Audio always works fine.
    After everytime I watch a youtube video, I have to run cc cleaner.
    The following is what always ends up being cleaned for me to watch another vid on youtube: Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\C46K586L\s.ytimg.com\videostats.sol 85 bytes
    Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\#s.ytimg.com\settings.sol 81 byte
    Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\settings.sol 485 bytes

This is after I tried to install Adobe 9 yesterday, since I thought it was 10 that started this mess. However when I clicked to download 9, it still installed 10. And I had no issues. Until today again.
    Which led me to run cccleaner. Glad I have a fix but hoping I don't have to run cc after every individual video I watch.
    I tried deleting the macromedia folder in windows 32 but it wouldn't allow me.
    Running internet explorer with Windows XP 64 bit.
    Any suggestions how to solve this problem?
    P.S. I've tried enabling and disabling add-ons with no better results.
    Sorry for the long post.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  2. F4tal3rror

F4tal3rror Private E-2

what browser are you using?
    what version of flash player are you using? (the latest is 10.2)
    Doesn't sound like it would play a part, but are you running the latest graphics card drivers?
    How much ram do you have?

3. seair

seair Private E-2

Internet Explorer.
    adobe 10.2
    I'm running the same graphics card I've always had, nvidia geforce2 mx/mx400
    ram is 512.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  4. F4tal3rror

F4tal3rror Private E-2

5. seair

seair Private E-2

Yes. This is a new issue.
    I'm thinking it started since I went to watch a free online nba game.
    I might try firefox, but if my memory serves me correctly, I had many other problems when using it. Hence, I'm not to keen on trying it.
    Thanks.

6. seair

seair Private E-2

I've downloaded firefox and seems I'm not having the same issue!:)
    Thanks F4tal3rror.
    To bad I don't have my favorites folder using this browser. Oh well,
    no worries.
    Appreciate everyone's help.
    Cheers!

7. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

Be sure to hit the thanks button.

BTW, to fix IE, I would do the following:

goto Control Panel, and find Windows Internet Explorer, and uninstall it. This will revert you to the previous version.

Test the Youtube video again, if it's working fine, either leave it on IE 7 or go ahead and update again to IE8.

8. seair

seair Private E-2

Will do.
    I've tried IE 8(which is what I've been using) and now I'm not having issues with youtube. Go figure. I'll keep FF just in case though.
    Cheers all!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds