white screen

Discussion in 'Software' started by macs, Apr 14, 2015.

1. macs

macs Private E-2

i have an HP 6730b laptop with windows 8 (upgrade) . when i start the computer i get a white screen and the following error : your computer has suffered from a nonrecoverable system error, Please call our support line for assistance 713-634-2494....this error occurred after i did a windows update and also happened on the windows 7 that was on it before the upgrade.I have tried different antiviruses and malwarebytes to remove the virus but none of these work...I believe it is a bios virus (i have also flashed the bios) ..Has anyone had this virus? or can give me any information on how to remove it, i am out of ideas..thank you ...macs

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. macs

macs Private E-2

thank you, i will go to the malware forum. sorry i posted in the wrong forum i am new to the site

4. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

That makes 2 of us. I'm curious...

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

From following a trail, this one has been around since 2012. It is a type of ransomware and might be in the BIOS.

One guy flashed his BIOS twice, wiped the MBR and installed windows cleanly. That seemed a bit drastic to me.

6. macs

macs Private E-2

thank you for the information, i am flashing the bios for the second time right now, going to see what happens after some updates, if it persists i am going to do a total nuke and reinstall the windows. I will keep you updated until I figure this out...thank you again....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds