Whoa...what just happened?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Aimee Wilbury, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Aimee Wilbury

Aimee Wilbury Staff Sergeant

I was in Firefox, happily surfing alongm and all of a sudden 10 tabs pop up with Firefox Help.

Any idea? :confused

2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Has it happened before?

When was the last time firefox or any add-on was updated?

Have you tried to open FF help before?

3. rosiesdad

rosiesdad Private E-2

Could be malware. Has it repeated itself? If so, run malwarebytes free. Let us know.

4. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

well my Firefox just took a dump on me and crashed mid way thru posting :mad luckily I have a session manager

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

If you have FF set to check for updates automatically and also the same for addons, that could do it.
    FF was just updated to 3.0.9. I do all my updates manually. First I do FF then after I've shut down and fired up FF again, I check for addon updates. Several of my addons will open new tabs just to inform me that I'm now running the most current version.

6. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

did something hit your f1 button?

7. Aimee Wilbury

It hasn't popped up since. Ran some virus scans and it's fine.

Maybe just one of those glitches. Or maybe I was leaning on the F1 key. lol

edit: tested the f1 key. thats probably what happened.

8. jeepdriver

jeepdriver Private E-2

Updated firefox to latest version a couple days ago and now it crashes every couple hours, and when I restore my session I have multiple tabs telling me firefox has been updated. It's becoming a pain in the rear.
    (Microsoft didn't take over firefox, did they ?)

9. Aimee Wilbury

I don't think so.

I don't have any crashing problems unless I click on a non-html file (e.g. downloads). Then when I restore the tabs it works on the second try. It's a pain when you're trying to upload something though.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds