Whois. Can you remove info?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Flyingaddict, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Flyingaddict

Flyingaddict Private E-2

Hiya folks :)

I need help fast!! :cry

I set up a site using MS Office live.. yeah .. yeah I know it's for non-geeks like me :eek:

Now.. I already have a company that has a site of it's own but I need to get the name and address off the Whois report for my new site.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this thread but I can't see any others that might help.

Can I get the name and address removed from the Whois for my new MS Office live site?

Any help would be really.. really appreciated

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

Actually it is not a matter of remove, information is needed to be available in case of legal issues.

However, you can ask your domain vendor to replace it to their own generic info.

Some vendors do it for free, others consider it as an additional service and would charge for it.

3. Flyingaddict

Flyingaddict Private E-2

Thanks for the reply.

I got round the problem by making the default MS Live adress the primary one. No-one would ever search for that addy :)

I don't need the site to go live for a while at which time the Whois info won't matter.

Thanks anyway :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds