Whole Computer Is Lagging Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by esathor, Apr 2, 2017.

1. esathor

esathor Private E-2

Hello everyone, (sorry for my english)
    So I have quite a long issue to tell with my computer.
    So first of all, here is my ocnfig:
    CPU: i5 -4670K 3.4 Ghz (auto overclocked at 3.8GHz)
    Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI gene c2
    GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 1060 OC
    PSU: Bequiet Dark power pro 10 80 gold plus, 750W
    RAM: 2x4Gb Corsaire Vengeance DDR3
    SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb
    HDD: i dont know the name but it was in a Mac, it is 2Tb
    CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i V2
    I also have a soundblaster creative soundcard
    Case: Corsair Carbide Air 240
    Monitors: A random asus one with 1080p, and a VG248QE 144Hz

I built it myself, so I dont set aside a mistake I could've made with the cables and stuff.
    I have also messed up some overclocking I tried, but I reseted my BIOS to default each time I failed... By the end I gave up with OC.
    So I used to have a noctua air cooling, and a GTX 770, and everything was working fine, but one day I was in Counter Strike GOTV to record some clips I had made. But then, I heard a loud buzzing noise in my headphones and my whole computer would turn on and off multiple times in a row.
    After a while everything worked fine, but after few weeks, it happened again and then my whole screen would go crazy with weird shapes and stuff...
    So then I plugged my screen from my motherboard and it worked fine so I realized the problem was my gpu.
    So I got myself an EVGA GTX 1060 but i changed it for a asus strix gtx 1060 because the EVGA one was too hot in my opinion.
    And I got myself the h100iV2 to make sure my cpu would stay cool
    I always thought that my computer would be able to stream but after asking many people and trying a bunch of different settings, it never worked.

But recently, I opened google chrome, and started watching a video, suddenly the screen turned purple, so i dragged it on my second monitor to see if the problem was the monitor, but it wasn't.
    Also I would mention that, that would happen only when Google Chrome/ the video itself was in fullscreen.
    And, when i reduce the size of the video, the video and only the video would be completely green as a green screen, and the rest of the monitors, pink/purplish.
    The GPU was still only 1 week old.
    I formated the whole computer but that wasnt it.
    I asked Amazon to replace it and this morning I received my gtx 1060 asus strix again, but a new one.
    And now the whole computers feels a bit laggy, and when I launch a game, the FPS counter shows 100 fps (for the division in this case), but the game feels like 1 fps.
    But that's only when I am moving my mouse around. It does it a bit when I use keyboard only, but it's really really strong when I use my mouse.
    So I checked my drivers and everything. Everything was fine.
    And even if the problem was my mouse drivers, that wouldn't explain the purple screen and stuff.
    Also, I like to play video games and be with a friend on facebook facecam on my second monitor and so does he.
    He has a worse config than mine but has no problem, while when I do that, the voice in teamspeak as well as the video from facebook facecam are very laggy.

I really need your help guys, because I am right now saving for a new motherboard, RAM and CPU, and it's expensive and I feel like the problem is not even coming from them.
    I feel like it's something stupid like a cable or something.

So I posted this on another forum and I got one answer which is the following: "
    Overclocking Expert
    Disable the auto overclocking and test. If the issue goes away then your issue is either power, cooling, or settings due to overclocking. If the issue remains you should test your hardware with aida64.
    https://www.aida64.com/"
    By which I answered this "
    So I have done all of what you said,
    Here are the results of aida first of all: http://imgur.com/a/RlUvM

I disabled the turbo boost in the bios so that my CPU stays under 3.4GHz and doesnt overclock.
    (Eventhough turbo is enabled by default)

Then I launched a game (The Division) and same problem as before, the whole computer is very laggy, the CPU usage is at 100% (maybe thats something different and not related)
    I am also using a different mouse.
    And I wanted to mention, that I had once again my FPS counter that showed high framerate but still the computer felt like 1fps....
    And by the mean time, I even formatted my whole computer, going back to windows 7 and windows 10, so it is nothing related to my drives...

I begin to feel desesperated...
    Should I just get a new motherboard and CPU and RAM?
    (If i change my CPU I'll change the three together anyway)
    But it feels like it could be my GPU even though it is literally brand new....
    Maybe the PCI cable?"
    I am posting this here because they don't seem to want to answer anymore ^^
    Thank you very much, again sorry for my english, and sorry for the long post!

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Sorry noone else has replied to you. It seems to be more of a software issue than a hardware issue — you can't stream and cpu usage is at 100%. Some antivirus software can cause this type of issue when real-time protection is turned on because the AV software is scanning everything — and I mean EVERYTHING. You may need to go into the AV software's options and exclude the programs you run like your games, teamspeak, etc.

3. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

What windows OS are you currently running.I did not see it in the list or if it's there i must of missed it.

If you are currently running windows 10 this it self could be the problem.

Windows 10 is notorious for this issue.Due to that it scans with windows defender all the time and takes up a lot of cpu to scan.

4. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

He states that he formatted his drive and went back to Win 7 then Win 10:

Like you, I advised him about AV software scanning EVERYTHING.

5. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds