Why does my computer shut off when I play games?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Zidnex, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Zidnex

Zidnex Private E-2

When I first got my computer, I had absolutely no problem playing games. I can max out a lot of games, and I played perfectly for hours and hours. For about a week or two, my computer has been randomly shutting itself off about 10-20 minutes into the game (Such games as Crysis 3, GTA 4, EFLC, etc). I was thinking it may be something up with the computer having problems, and was thinking of reformatting to be able to play like it used to, but first I want to see if there's anything else I can do. Here are my specs:

Mobo - Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+
    CPU - AMD FX-8350
    CPU Fan - Standard Fan Came With CPU
    GPU - EVGA GTX 650 1GB
    PSU - Corsair HX750
    RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2 x 4GB)
    Screen Resolution - 1280 x 1024

If anyone could give me some help into what may be causing my computer to shut off, please do help!

2. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Could be heat, an issue with the PSU, or even the hard drive in rare cases.

Are you monitoring your temps?

Are they below 50 C?

3. Zidnex

Zidnex Private E-2

I have not monitored temps, how could I reach the temperatures?

4. oldslowguy

oldslowguy Private E-2

5. niktool

niktool Private E-2

clean your Chassis fan,or change your computer for more and more games become killer of the old machines.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds