Why does the back button on a web browser take me to the top of the previous page?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jesse Newell, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

I've tested the back button on Firefox, Chrome, and Opera, and I'm always taken to the top of the previous page. This is really annoying. If I'm on YouTube, for example, and I do a search, scroll down through the results, and click on one, then when it's finished playing, and I click back, I have to scroll all the way back down again instead of just being taken to wherever I found the video I played.

2. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

Re: Why does the back button on a web browser take me to the top of the previous page

OOPS, not ALWAYS. It apparently doesn't happen when I'm doing a standard search on Google, so I'm guessing this has something to do with web pages rather than browsers.

3. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Re: Why does the back button on a web browser take me to the top of the previous page

A simple workaround is to click on a link using the middle button (scroll wheel) and then that page will open in a new tab. Check your browser settings.

4. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

Thanks, that works.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds