Why doesn't my weather radar move?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bucsdk, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Bucsdk

Bucsdk Private E-2

I know this is an easy question for most of you. When you go to this website: http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/weather/klystron-9-radar you should have a radar that shows the last hour or so and the clouds or whatever moving across the map. Mine does not move at all. I know it isn't the website as every other computer shows it as a radar.
    I know I changed something, I'm just not sure what. I have been using that compatibility view on several sites. Thanks for your help.

2. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

You probably need to install Java.

3. Bucsdk

Bucsdk Private E-2

I have Java but I went ahead and downloaded the latest version to make sure it's what I have. I know it's not just this particular website but it's the easiest one to work with. So, the radar goes thru the time frame once and then stops. It continuously goes thru the time frame on the home computer. It used to do that on this laptop but no longer. I went thru all the settings on the home computer internet tools to make sure we matched and the biggest thing I found is under View: Encoding: my laptop keeps defaulting back to Western European (ISO) and the home computer is on Unicode (UTF-8). I tried to change the laptop and restart but it keeps reverting back. Does this make a difference? Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds