Why Is A Context Menu's Program EXE Section Alphabetized? Change It?

Discussion in 'Software' started by montecarlo1987, Aug 2, 2011.

1. montecarlo1987

montecarlo1987 Private First Class

Hello. I have a question/issue happening here.

Could someone please find why a customized desktop context menu's (right-click menu) program execution section (the middle portion of the context menu) is alphabetized??? (Please see attached screen clipping image where a red rectangular border showing the program execution (EXE) section for further clarity. I used a homemade script to modify the system registry in my Windows 7 in order to have this happen as you see in the attached screen clipping image.) Yes, one of the items is out of alphabetical order, but overall the rest are in alphabetical order.) I DO NOT WANT alphabetical order, I want to be able to order them the way I wish in the context menu middle program execution section. If I were to use cascading windows off of any of the context menu name(s) shown here, I notice the items can be arranged according to the way you have inputted the entries in your registry script. However, with the context menu, I am having issues arranging the order. NOTE: I see the system registry is alphabetized as well after the "shell" level in the system registry editor.

I am looking for a means of trying to stop or end this alphabetizing of the program execution part of the context menu so you can have them in the order the user wishes. If you know the script or code in order to do this, please share with me and how to implement it. Please provide me an example if you can.

This is much appreciated.

Please reply.

Thank you!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds