why is my cell phone playing up?

Discussion in 'Software' started by FED UP, Jan 14, 2013.

1. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

I have a cheap Samsung TXT, which is basically an update of the Gravity 2 I had for a couple of years previously, and I had no problems at all with the Gravity 2 (until it went through the washer in my pants pocket).
    The TXT is only a few months old, but has begun to do strange things. It temporarily freezes on occasion. My contact list magically begins to reproduce entires on its own - for example, this past weekend I found that each entry suddenly became 5 or 6 identical entries EACH. Occasionally when I try to access my contact list, it will not allow me to, telling me that "contact backup sync in progress - end sync? (yes or no). I don't even know what the heck that is, and dont even know how to initiate such a process. Sometimes when I try to charge the phone, it tells me "CHARGING PAUSED, WRONG BATTERY INSTALLED". I have to unplug and replug the charger, remove and replace the battery multiple times before it will finally begin to accept the charge - the battery is the original Samsung battery that came with the phone.
    I don't know much about cell phones, but does this sound like a problem with the battery or the phone or is it even possible to tell from these symptoms?
    I don't want to go waste money on a new battery if the battery isnt the problem, because I cannot return a battery for a refund.
    Anyone have any ideas? If more information is needed I can gladly supply it.
    Thanks!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I would if you have not already look into resetting the phone back to factory settings, but do save all your contacts, messages before you do this.

If not likely with the weird issues you are having I would get a replacement.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds