Why won' Win98 read my burned CD's burned on Win XP Pro?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ku4gw, Jul 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ku4gw

ku4gw Private E-2

I have been trying unsuccessfully for a week now to install modem drivers on my friends old PC running Windows 98. First I tried putting them on floppy disk with no success so I burned the driver I downloaded from driverguide.com onto a CD Rom using Nero Express as a data disk. The Win 98 PC will read and open the Win 98 disk and also the Walmart internet disk, but won't read the one I and a friend both burned using Win XP Pro on 2 separate computers. It gives this error mesasage: Not ready reading drive d:\ and gives the choice Retry or Cancel.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated! I would love to get my friend onlin and the modem driver ham412win9x.zip is unaccessable given the current situation.
    Best regards,
    ku4gw

2. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Sergeant

You didn't burn it using InCD by chance? If you did, you will need to put either InCD or a UDF reader driver such as this.

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

4. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Sergeant

It's okay. Especially for being free. But it lacks some functionality, like being able to edit your compilation. Such as viewing a folder that you want to copy and removing files.

5. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I never saw the reason in complaining about free programs on any level.
    Try DeepBurner then....

6. ku4gw

ku4gw Private E-2

Thanks guys. Will try the UDF Reader Driver if I can get it to copy from the floppy drive to the Win 98 PC. Here's hoping. I was not aware of this quirk with the burned CD's, I guess because I've never had the problem occur in the past. Thanks again and best regards!
    ku4gw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds