why wont the internet work on my other laptop even tho its connected

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dunnolol, May 22, 2010.

1. dunnolol

dunnolol Private E-2

it says the laptop is connected to local connection and computers on network are working. my laptop was working for ages set up the same way but yesterday all of a sudden it stopped. now when i try connect to msn or open web browser it doesnt load anything yet im connected to the net according to my network folder n ****

not a wireless network btw

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2010
  2. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Please post your OS and network settings.
    From a command prompt type ipconfig
    One or more of the adapters listed will have connection information, others will say disconnected. The connected one is the one we need info on to help.

3. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

Make sure your browser is not set to work off line. That's in the File drop down menu.

Also make sure your browser is not trying to connect to a proxy server. Go to: Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings. Make sure nothing is checked in there.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds