WIA Driver missing or accidentally deleted

Discussion in 'Software' started by reks, Jun 13, 2014.

1. reks

reks Private E-2

I have a Asus K42JY laptop and a HP PSC 1510 All-In-One printer. I think I accidentally deleted the WIA driver when I tried to uninstall the HP program.

When I tried to use the Scanner Action, this pop up occur:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tried installing the software back, downloaded from HP website (I don't have the CD) and still it wasn't fixed.

Plus, I can't even use the scan button on the printer. It only blink a few times on the Power Button and nothing happened.

Really need help on this, Thanks!!!

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

So everything was OK until you tried to uninstall the HP software? Why did you do that?

4. reks

reks Private E-2

plodr, I've already tried that and also went to the system restore and can't restore to that point.

Earthling, It's not really OK, the reason I uninstall it is because the Scan Button on the printer doesn't work, so I thought if I uninstall and install it again, this would be fix it instead worst thing happen. Not what I was expecting.

5. plodr

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

As well as following plodr's advise first and uninstall and install the full feature driver for your printer and version of Windows (do tell us what Windows version and Service Pack you are running, kinda looks like from the screenshot Win7 but need to also know if 32bot or 64bit).

I would also check in services that the WIA service is running. To open services just type in the start search box services.msc and then scroll down to Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) and make sure its started and running.

7. reks

reks Private E-2

I am using Window 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 64 bit.
    I've already check on the services, the WIA service is there and running (not sure if it is running as it shows started). This is why this thing is bugging me.

8. reks

reks Private E-2

9. plodr

10. reks

reks Private E-2

Hello guys, I did what plodr said. I uninstall everything and install it back again. Now I'm able to scan from the computer. But there's a last part where I need to install the device, I keep getting an error from there.

I think this part is the important part, which allow me to use the scan button on the printer.

11. plodr

To use the scan button on your printer, the HP software must be running. You will see a tray icon.
    If it is not running, go to Programs then HP and start the Image Zone software.

12. reks

reks Private E-2

Is it the Photosmart Essential 3.5?

13. plodr

14. reks

reks Private E-2

Ok, I have the HP Digital Imaging Monitor running but the scan button still not working.

15. plodr

Sorry, I'm out of ideas.
    My two HP print/scan/copy units do not have a scan button on the printer. I have to scan through the computer so I can not troubleshoot any further.

If this is a new unit and the scan button on the printer never worked, have you considered that it might be a hardware problem?

16. reks

reks Private E-2

Thanks anyway, I think I might have to buy a new laptop or a new printer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds