1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Widcomm for Silicon Wave Bluetooth dongle?

Discussion in 'Software' started by zapp, Apr 8, 2009.

1. zapp

zapp Staff Sergeant

I have HP DC7600 with XP Pro SP3, added a Silicon Wave Bluetooth Dongle and trying to get a plantronics bluetooth headset live and working under XP. the Dongle has a default MS driver loaded right now, and my headset and dongle both show up in the Bluetooth radio devices box, they are paired and blinking... successfully I guess.
    But when I go to the Audio Control panel I have no bluetooth option. no options at all. Just the default Realtek embedded audio.

reading countless threads on this ugly subject I'm thinking a different driver set written to force the devices into the Audio mix is what I need.
    Widcomm seems to be the choice but the only widcomm I found at HP was dated September of 2005 so I don't trust it.

is there a later one I can get? other advice? this ain't my strong suit...