Widgets and Themes

Discussion in 'Software' started by Wayne82, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

Hi people!

I just downloaded yahoo widget engine and it really looks great. I also have Zune theme and a different icon set for some of the system stuff (folders/my computer/etc.).

What im here to ask is does anyone know any good looking themes for XP, maybee similar to vista? Ive seen loads about but Ive heard half of them have adware and malware. I got an Alienware theme a few weeks ago and it really messed up my system, it was really hard to remove.

I just love the glass like displays on the Widgets and would like a transparent theme similar for the rest of my desktop.

Also does anyone know of a memory monitor Widget which shows in the dockbar and dosent need to be seperate, if you know what I mean! I want it to display on the main bar not to be loose on my screen.

Sorry its so long & Thanks

;)

2. mulletgut

mulletgut Private First Class

Sounds like you need a crystalXP Bricopack. :)

I use three of them, crystal clear, crystal xp and vista inspirat. All unistallable shell packs. Please read the "About Bricopacks" at the bottom of the page before installing.

My favorite is the crystal clear.

I grab additional cool high res icons for my object dock at png factory

3. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

Thanks, looks like what i want mate, but would you suggest removing Yahoo Widget Engine before instalation?

Is that launch-bar included in the download also?

Thanks ;)

Also is this very memory hungry or not much difference?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
  4. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

Sorry to bump, but ive just installed one of the themes, rebooted and got this message! Please can someone tell me what it means or how I can fix it?

screen.jpg

Also the program dock hasnt swown up which is supposed to be a part of the theme, I have tried to reinstall and got the same problem over.

I hope I havent gone and messed this thing up now confused

ps. my desks a mess because of all this messing with the themes!

5. mulletgut

Yes I would, but I doubt it would matter. You can reinstall it later, up to you.

Yes. but you can disable it if you want to.

It replaces the windows shell, so no difference at all. It will replace the windows files upon uninstallation if you choose to. It seems that windows is trying to protect itself. Hence your error message. Here is the fix for your problem over at crystalXP forums.

6. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

Thanks again for your help, I have stuck with the Vista Insparit theme. I have kept the dock as it was one of the main things I wanted. Also I am still using Yahoo Widgets.

Apart from minor things, everything is nearly as I want it now. I am going to go through TuneUp Styler today and change a few things to how I prefer.

Could I just ask one more thing. I have a load of .png icons here for my programs as the .ico ones look naff on the dock-bar how do I go about changing them? also can they be changed just on the dockbar but not for the desktop?

7. mulletgut

You can change them to any icon you want. Different packs handle them differently. In the Inspirat theme, if you right click on a dock and select "docke entry properties" this is where you can change the icon.

I found the best png's at the site I mentioned earlier. PNG Factory

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds