Wierd email Problem - Multiple Recipient emails not arriving!!!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by wilf1234, Nov 21, 2007.

1. wilf1234

wilf1234 Private E-2

I've got a really wierd (but really serious) problem.

I've recently realised that a lot of emails i'm sending out to multiple recipients AREN'T ARRIVING.

emails have been sent to numerous different email addresses on differnt domains, but it appears that each time, the email only arrives to one recipient (the last address inserted on the email). I've tested this using OE6 and Webmail with the same result each time.

I know that Freeparking.co.uk have a limit of 20 recipients per email - but i have tried it with only 4 or 5 recipients and still the same thing happens (i.e it only arrives to one recipient!!!)

My usual set up is using OE6, my ISP is blueyonder and my email is forwarded through click here for my own domain (click here).

HAS ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS?????

cheers

Wilf

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Are you addressing the to one person and then using CC for the rest?

3. wilf1234

wilf1234 Private E-2

nope - i;ve tried everything:
    all in To: line
    or some in cc: line

and even using the bcc: line

I've also tried using the Groups facility in OE6!!!

any clue what;s going on?

4. TimW

Correct coma;s after the addy's?

5. wilf1234

wilf1234 Private E-2

yep - use semi colons ( ; ) - automtically inserted by OE6 when you click on each address.
    i did try manually typing it all in using commas ( , ) as well - but no joy!

!!!

6. TimW

Hummm...have you discussed it with your ISP? They should have the records of any failed sends ...as should have you if they didn't actually go though.

7. wilf1234

wilf1234 Private E-2

That's the really wierd bit - i don't get any notifcation that emails haven't arrived (e.g. Failed Delivery notice etc.). i only found out by speaking with a couple of guys!

thanks for your help so far.

cheers

8. TimW

Let us know what the ISP says ...I just can not think of anything other than their settings.

9. wilf1234

wilf1234 Private E-2

cheers tim

should i be aksing my ISP, or 'www.freeparking.co.uk' who do my email forwarding etc.?

10. TimW

I'd check with both ...and I bet they will blame each other ...:D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds