WiFi connection doesn't show up in Win7

Discussion in 'Software' started by LindaJH, Nov 13, 2015.

1. LindaJH

LindaJH Private E-2

After several days of not being able to get streaming video to play on our new Sony smart TV and having all the tech services blaming each other - yesterday I got (and sat up) a new cable modem and a new Netgear AC1750 Smart WiFi router. During the process of trying to get the new TV to work I ended up with an extra WiFi connection that I don't want. That connection shows up in Netgear Genie and the TV WiFi scan but not in Win7 networks scan. I sure don't need an extra WiFi network. Anyone have any idea of how can I delete this network?

Thanks
    Linda

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

If you have neighbours it's probably one of theirs, and if so then they can probably detect your network too, so do make sure your wireless security is active.

3. LindaJH

LindaJH Private E-2

No actually it is one that accidentally got set up while I was going through the process of resetting the TV to factory settings. All security is set up, tight and nice, and is fully functional. I've been on chat with Netgear support and things are good on that end.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  4. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Well that sounds like your smart TV is also a network access point and has created its own network. I've no experience with smart TVs so can't advise you how to suppress it. The Sony user manual ought to tell you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds